Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the day to day operation of maintenance activities on site. Operate and develop the computerised maintenance management system, drive efficiency, and ensure compliance. Work closely with and contribute ideas to the Contract Manager and deputise in his absence.
- Ensure that all ABM and Client Health and Safety Policies and procedures are adhered to, referring conflicts to the Contract Manager where necessary.
- Plan the labour, schedule the tasks and ensure the effective completion of maintenance work on site; either through direct reports or sub-contractors.
- Ensure reactive calls are logged and closed on the CMMS, utilising technical and administration staff as required.
- Distribute work to team members based on capability and capacity
- Work to agreed quality systems, ensuring preventative and remedial actions are taken where necessary as laid down in the quality manual.
- Provide technical support to team
- Contribute to the appraisal of staff and suppliers
- Identify cost effective good working practice on site, including spares holding, bulk replacements, refurbishments, alternative suppliers and maintenance regimes
- Ensure best purchasing practise using the companies preferred suppliers.
- Comply with ABM’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, as detailed in the site plans.
- Complete any other associated task requested by the management.
- Smart appearance, presentable
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to encourage the willing contribution of a team.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Self motivated
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused
- Willing to volunteer help
- Resides geographically near to job site and available for call out
- Compliant to company and site personnel policies
- The incumbent will be required to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the retail sector. This will require work at weekends and in the evenings and the salary has been set to reflect this.
- Will be required to be included on a call out rota.
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent
- C&G Level 3 Electrical Test and Inspection.
- 17th Edition IEE minimum
- C&G Level 3 Electrotechnical Technology
- Evidence of high-quality experience in Building Services.
- Knowledge and use of computer software – Microsoft Office, Building Management System,
- CIEH Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace
- HABC Level 2 Legionella Awareness
- IPAF & PASMA Trained
- Safe Use and Inspection of Harnesses
- Low Voltage Approved Person - Industrial
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- COSHH Awareness
- Management Skills Training
- Risk Assessment Guidance Training
- Asbestos Awareness
- Appointed Person General and Hot Works Permits
- Abrasive Wheels
- PAT Testing
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times.
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.